Downloads: Roku: SceneGraph
It is important that your video player project contains only a single instance of the Conviva library to avoid unexpected conflicts and run-time errors. If you are planning a player upgrade or a new release, please consider upgrading the Conviva Roku library as well.
|File||Size||Release Date||MD5 Checksum|
- Supports Roku OS 9.3.
- Support to report the tags
c3.ad.firstAdSystemtags for ad integrations.
- Fixes an issue with
associateVideoNodeAPI not detecting player state changes.
- Fixes the implementation of the APIs
notificationIntervalcan be set to any value between 0.1 and 1.0. Conviva library accepts
notificationIntervalset on video node’s content metadata object. If not set, or if set to more than 1.0,
notificationIntervaldefaults to 0.5.
- Fixes crash issue when an “empty” or “invalid” sequence is received from YoSpace SDK.
- Replaces debug logs showing adStart / addend when ads are not integrated with pauseJoin / resumeJoin.
- Supports Roku OS 9.2 and above.
- Supports Conviva auto detection of Akamai CDN Edge Server IP address.
ConvivaClientto support manual setting of the CDN Edge Server’s IP address.
- Uses latest Roku OS 9.2 APIs and Properties to improve bitrate collection. Average Bitrate metric values are not impacted by this change.
- Fixes an issue of video node not being monitored when it is an inherited component.
- Fixes an
endMonitoringAPI issue that did not stop the monitoring of applications using scenes to monitor video nodes rather than tasks.
- Fixes an issue that caused some cases of starting mid-roll ads to trigger the end of monitoring sessions.
- Fixes an issue that caused sessions to not be created for subsequent assets after one asset playback finished.
- Introduces a major upgrade to the SDK architecture that simplifies and accelerates Conviva integration.
ConvivaClientto simplify the integration of the SDK.
setCDNServerIP()API to support setting of CDN Edge Server's IP address.
- Supports Roku OS 9.1
- Adds new API
isCleanupContentSessionSuccessful()to gracefully exit the content session after invoking the
setBitrateKbps()API. Please refer to Set Bitrate section of the integration page:
» Adds flag
OPTION_EXTERNAL_BITRATE_REPORTINGto identify if bitrate value is based on Conviva auto-detection or set by customer application.
» Enhances logging to identify if bitrate is set by application or auto-detected.
defaultReportingBitrate; please use
- Enhances the Roku error verbosity by concatenating the Roku ErrorCode, ErrorStr and ErrorMsg in Conviva custom format.
- Fixes pht value to report Integer instead of Double.
- Fixes frequent bitrate switching for HLS Demuxed Streams.
- Introduces new API
setPlayerStateto set player states, exclusively for Ad Insights.
Details are available in "Report Ad States" at Roku Scenegraph: Integrating Ad Insights page.
- Supports Roku OS 9.0 Beta.
- Modifies sample app for multithreaded approach, which resolves issue of Conviva heartbeat not been sent during ad playback.
- Adds ability to update Resource using
updateContentMetadata()API. Please review Update Content Metadata restrictions.
- Adds enhancement of sending
cwsStateChangeevent in first heartbeat of the
ConvivaContentInfo, which is set during Create Session.
- Fixes an issue where bitrate is not accurately reported when ads are enabled.
- Fixes a Roku library crash issue which occured when updating tags from non-string to string values.
- Deprecates Roku BrightScript library.
- Supports videonode object update after session creation – adds
- Supports prebuffer feature.
roIntobject for setting integer metadata in Conviva
- Introduces single Conviva download file for Scenegraph and Brightscript libraries.
- Fixes Roku application crash issue when the Conviva library used video.content to detect
steamFormat; it now uses Roku
Conviva_Roku_SgClient_22.214.171.124946 and Conviva_Roku_BrsClient_126.96.36.199946 (18/MAY/2018)
- Supports Roku OS 8.1.
updateContentMetadata()API to be used during the session lifetime.
- Fixes crash incidents due to invalid settings during Conviva library initialization.
- Improves tag handling when
updateContentMetadata()API is invoked.
- Removes detection and collection of Device Identifier.
- Fixes a Smooth Streaming issue where bitrate reporting was delayed.
Conviva_Roku_SgClient_188.8.131.52367 and Conviva_Roku_BrsClient_184.108.40.206367 (14/MAR/2018)
- Supports customer specific
gatewayUrlusing customer's CUSTOMER_KEY.
- Introduces new APIs
setPlayerSeekEnd()to accurately measure VRT and Connection Induced Buffering.
- Removed detection and reporting of SSID.
- Fixes inaccurate reporting of playing state when live content is unreachable for certain live contents.
- Fixes Conviva Roku library crash incidents when the
streamformatis not set during Conviva session creation.
Conviva_Roku_SgClient_220.127.116.11932 and Conviva_Roku_BrsClient_18.104.22.168932 (21/DEC/2017)
- Supports Roku OS 8.0.
- Fixes bitrate inflating issue in situations where audio and video segments contain dissimilar index sequences.
- Fixes issue where pod metrics are not reflected in Pulse (Experience Insights).
- Fixes issue where VSF is under-reported when live content is unreachable.
- Introduces new Player Insight API,
sendEvent(), to report events that are not associated with a specific monitoring session.
Conviva_Roku_SgClient_22.214.171.124941 and Conviva_Roku_BrsClient_126.96.36.199941 (11/AUG/2017)
- Support for Roku OS 7.7.
- Changed the implementation of the bitrate calculation logic for DASH and SS content.
- Integration change for moving the
observeField()API from the Conviva Roku library to the application.
- Fixed an issue with parsing non JSON-formatted strings using the
- Fixed an issue with Video Restart Time (VRT) reporting during the start of playback.
- Fixed an issue of failure to report the playing state when playback continues after mid-stream failure, in cases in which there are enough chunks in the cache.
- Roku BrightScript Thread only: Integration change for moving the observeField() API from the Conviva Roku library to the application.
- Support for Roku OS 7.7 Beta.
- Support for DASH protocol.
- Support Conviva Mutable Metadata feature – added
- Provided information on deprecating
setCurrentStreamMetadata(API in future as new API
updateContentMetadata()is added for similar functionality.
- Supports auto detection of Play Head Time, Network Connection Type and WiFi SSID friendly name.
- Removed conflict of Conviva variable convention with Roku Conviva Library.
reportError()API to be able to send FATAL/WARNING error types.
New Features/Bug Fixes:
- Support for Roku OS 7.6.
- Fixed issue of incorrect reporting of Bitrate for HLS contents.
- Changed behavior for
ContentLengthto be set by the application instead of using values automatically detected by the Conviva library.
- Changed behavior of
contentInfovalues set by the application instead of values automatically detected by the Conviva library.
New Features/Bug Fixes:
- Conviva library support for Roku OS 7.5
- Fixed Roku Syntax Error Issue.
- Removed logging from Conviva library.
- Changed the
New Features/Bug Fixes:
- This Conviva version runs in Scene Graph Components with Roku OS 7.2.
- Introduced the Seek Induced Buffering metric in order to differentiate between Network Induced Buffering and Seek Induced Buffering.
Player/Streamer Framework Supported OS Supported Protocols/Content Ad Monitoring Player Insight Roku SceneGraph Player Roku OS 9.3. • HLS (Live and VOD)
• Smooth Streaming (Live and VOD)
• DASH (Live and VOD)
• Progressive Download
Ad Breaks Support
See Ad Breaks