Downloads: Roku: SceneGraph
Please note that Roku Brightscript has been deprecated (12/DEC/2018). We recommend you update your application to use Roku Scenegraph instead.
It is important that your video player project contains only a single instance of the Conviva library to avoid unexpected conflicts and run-time errors. If you are planning a player upgrade or a new release, please consider upgrading the Conviva Roku library as well.
- Supports Roku OS 9.1
- Adds new API
isCleanupContentSessionSuccessful()to gracefully exit the content session after invoking the
setBitrateKbps()API. Please refer to Set Bitrate section of the integration page:
» Adds flag
OPTION_EXTERNAL_BITRATE_REPORTINGto identify if bitrate value is based on Conviva auto-detection or set by customer application.
» Enhances logging to identify if bitrate is set by application or auto-detected.
defaultReportingBitrate; please use
- Enhances the Roku error verbosity by concatenating the Roku ErrorCode, ErrorStr and ErrorMsg in Conviva custom format.
- Fixes pht value to report Integer instead of Double.
- Fixes frequent bitrate switching for HLS Demuxed Streams.
- Introduces new API
setPlayerStateto set player states, exclusively for Ad Insights.
Details are available in "Report Ad States" at Roku Scenegraph: Integrating Ad Insights page.
- Supports Roku OS 9.0 Beta.
- Modifies sample app for multithreaded approach, which resolves issue of Conviva heartbeat not been sent during ad playback.
- Adds ability to update Resource using
updateContentMetadata()API. Please review Update Content Metadata restrictions.
- Adds enhancement of sending
cwsStateChangeevent in first heartbeat of the
ConvivaContentInfo, which is set during Create Session.
- Fixes an issue where bitrate is not accurately reported when ads are enabled.
- Fixes a Roku library crash issue which occured when updating tags from non-string to string values.
- Deprecates Roku BrightScript library.
- Supports videonode object update after session creation – adds
- Supports prebuffer feature.
roIntobject for setting integer metadata in Conviva
- Introduces single Conviva download file for Scenegraph and Brightscript libraries.
- Fixes Roku application crash issue when the Conviva library used video.content to detect
steamFormat; it now uses Roku
Conviva_Roku_SgClient_22.214.171.124946 and Conviva_Roku_BrsClient_126.96.36.199946 (18/MAY/2018)
- Supports Roku OS 8.1.
updateContentMetadata()API to be used during the session lifetime.
- Fixes crash incidents due to invalid settings during Conviva library initialization.
- Improves tag handling when
updateContentMetadata()API is invoked.
- Removes detection and collection of Device Identifier.
- Fixes a Smooth Streaming issue where bitrate reporting was delayed.
Conviva_Roku_SgClient_188.8.131.52367 and Conviva_Roku_BrsClient_184.108.40.206367 (14/MAR/2018)
- Supports customer specific
gatewayUrlusing customer's CUSTOMER_KEY.
- Introduces new APIs
setPlayerSeekEnd()to accurately measure VRT and Connection Induced Buffering.
- Removed detection and reporting of SSID.
- Fixes inaccurate reporting of playing state when live content is unreachable for certain live contents.
- Fixes Conviva Roku library crash incidents when the
streamformatis not set during Conviva session creation.
Conviva_Roku_SgClient_220.127.116.11932 and Conviva_Roku_BrsClient_18.104.22.168932 (21/DEC/2017)
- Supports Roku OS 8.0.
- Fixes bitrate inflating issue in situations where audio and video segments contain dissimilar index sequences.
- Fixes issue where pod metrics are not reflected in Pulse (Experience Insights).
- Fixes issue where VSF is under-reported when live content is unreachable.
- Introduces new Player Insight API,
sendEvent(), to report events that are not associated with a specific monitoring session.
Conviva_Roku_SgClient_22.214.171.124941 and Conviva_Roku_BrsClient_126.96.36.199941 (11/AUG/2017)
- Support for Roku OS 7.7.
- Changed the implementation of the bitrate calculation logic for DASH and SS content.
- Integration change for moving the
observeField()API from the Conviva Roku library to the application.
- Fixed an issue with parsing non JSON-formatted strings using the
- Fixed an issue with Video Restart Time (VRT) reporting during the start of playback.
- Fixed an issue of failure to report the playing state when playback continues after mid-stream failure, in cases in which there are enough chunks in the cache.
- Roku BrightScript Thread only: Integration change for moving the observeField() API from the Conviva Roku library to the application.
- Support for Roku OS 7.7 Beta.
- Support for DASH protocol.
- Support Conviva Mutable Metadata feature – added
- Provided information on deprecating
setCurrentStreamMetadata(API in future as new API
updateContentMetadata()is added for similar functionality.
- Supports auto detection of Play Head Time, Network Connection Type and WiFi SSID friendly name.
- Removed conflict of Conviva variable convention with Roku Conviva Library.
reportError()API to be able to send FATAL/WARNING error types.
New Features/Bug Fixes:
- Support for Roku OS 7.6.
- Fixed issue of incorrect reporting of Bitrate for HLS contents.
- Changed behavior for
ContentLengthto be set by the application instead of using values automatically detected by the Conviva library.
- Changed behavior of
contentInfovalues set by the application instead of values automatically detected by the Conviva library.
New Features/Bug Fixes:
- Conviva library support for Roku OS 7.5
- Fixed Roku Syntax Error Issue.
- Removed logging from Conviva library.
- Changed the
New Features/Bug Fixes:
- This Conviva version runs in Scene Graph Components with Roku OS 7.2.
- Introduced the Seek Induced Buffering metric in order to differentiate between Network Induced Buffering and Seek Induced Buffering.
Player/Streamer Framework Supported OS Supported Protocols/Content Ad Monitoring Player Insight Roku SceneGraph Player Roku OS 9.1. • HLS (Live and VOD)
• Smooth Streaming (Live and VOD)
• DASH (Live and VOD)
• Progressive Download
Ad Breaks Support
See Ad Breaks